Excluding corked bottles of wine (see Corked Bottle Policy), Perman Wine Selections will accept items returned to the store within 30 days of purchase under the following conditions:
1. There was an error on our part in terms of how you were charged for the purchase of the item, or you received the wrong item.
2. The item you purchased was defective or damaged and you are able to show proof of the defect or damage.
In such instances, we will offer a replacement of the same item (subject to availability), refund the credit card used to purchase the item, or issue a store credit for the amount that was paid for the item.
We cannot accept returns of items that have been opened already. Any tampering with closures on bottles or damage to bottle labels will not be accepted for return or exchange.
Shipping and handling costs are non-refundable.
Please feel free to contact us with any specific questions regarding returns and refunds.
Corked Bottle Policy
If you purchase a bottle of wine from us that is corked, please replace the cork and bring the bottle, with all unconsumed wine, back to the store within 30 days of purchase. We cannot replace a corked bottle without proof of purchase.
In instances of corked wines, we will offer a replacement of the same item (subject to availability), refund the credit card used to purchase the item, or issue a store credit for the amount that was paid for the item.
We are not able to replace or refund corked bottles of wine if the wine is rare and/or of an older vintage that is no longer available.
What is a “corked” bottle of wine?
A corked wine is one that has been contaminated with cork taint (TCA), and this contamination gives off a very distinct smell and taste similar to moldy basement, wet newspaper or wet dog. Cork taint occurs in a small percentage of all natural corks available in the world, with recent studies finding that only about 5% of wines with natural corks are actually corked.
DO NOT examine the cork of a bottle of wine to determine if it is corked or not - the TCA is a microscopic airborne fungus invisible to the naked eye and has nothing to do with the condition of the cork itself. There is no way to tell if a bottle of wine is “corked” or not until you open it.
Perman Wine Selections ships via Fedex or UPS Ground within the state of Illinois for select items. Our web site will not allow orders placed for shipment outside of Illinois. Please contact us if you are trying to ship to another state.
- Cost of shipping materials will be included in total shipping & handling costs.
- Shipping is done in the following quantities: 1 bottle, 2 bottle, 3 bottle, 6 bottle and 12 bottle containers.
- We do not ship beer.
- We are not able to ship internationally.
- Packages can only be shipped from the store Monday - Friday.
- Orders must be received by 1 pm for same-day shipping
- We recommend holding shipments during extremely hot months or extremely cold months. Should you choose to ship during months with temperatures that are not ideal for wine, Perman Wine Selections will not be held liable for any damage to the contents of the package due to extreme temperatures.
- We insure all packages shipping via UPS or FedEx for the cost of the items in the package. We will refund or replace any items that are lost, stolen, or damaged during shipment to a federally approved state.
- Due to the nature of the products we provide, we are restricted from shipping internationally (outside of the U.S, including APO) and to certain States. All packages containing alcohol require adult signature. For this reason, we will not ship to PO boxes or mailing centers, such as the UPS Store. This also means that you must accept and sign for your package within three delivery attempts or it will be returned to us. If you are unable to accept a delivery and the package is returned to us, we will refund the cost of the items. Shipping and handling charges are non refundable. Any additional attempts to deliver items previously returned will result in additional delivery charges.
Please note that the shipping rates for all items are calculated based on package weight.
By placing an order you verify that you and order recipient(s) are at least 21 years of age. At the time of delivery the order recipient must sign an age verification receipt stating that they are at least 21 years of age and must present a valid drivers license, military ID, passport or State ID for identification.
Please contact us for policies and regulations regarding out of state shipping.
Deliveries are made during normal business hours, Monday through Saturday. We do not deliver on Sundays. Delivery will be available 30 minutes after the store opens and up to 30 minutes prior to close.
To ensure prompt delivery, someone must be present to sign for the item(s) delivered. Perman Wine Selections will determine which delivery service is used for each delivery, based upon quantity, delivery location and time of day.
We do not accept orders for certain address types - please contact us before placing a delivery order should you have any questions.
By placing an order you verify that you and the order recipient(s) are at least 21 years of age.
Perman Wine Selections will help determine the best delivery method for your order based upon time of day, size of order and recipient location.
- $15.00 flat rate (up to 3 cases); additional charges apply for larger deliveries
- available 12:30pm to 3:00pm Monday through Friday
- not available on Saturdays or Sundays
- delivery zone: Diversey (North), Lakeshore (East), 18th Street (South), Central Park Avenue (West)
- Pricing based upon delivery location and determined by UberRush (up to 3 cases per delivery); larger orders will require multiple deliveries
- available 12:30 pm to 7:30pm Monday through Friday and 11:30am to 6:30pm Saturday
- not available for private residences without a door attendant unless recipient is on hand at time of delivery
- delivery orders must be finalized 30 minutes prior to the store closing for same-day delivery
Arrow Messenger Service
- courier service for downtown and Chicagoland suburbs
- same-day deliveries
- delivery rates based on destination; weekend deliveries are calculated at higher rates
Delivery Terms and Conditions
Perman Wine Selections is not responsible for guaranteeing that the recipient of a delivery will be available when the package arrives at the delivery address. Customers requesting delivery must confirm delivery address and time with recipient prior to placing order for delivery, and ensure that the recipient will be on hand to receive package if there is no door attendant or other person suitable to receive the delivery.
Alcoholic beverage delivery can be accepted by a building attendant (doorman). Building attendants accepting delivery in this way must be at least 21 years of age and must sign for and take charge of the delivery contents immediately.
Alcoholic beverages cannot be dropped off or left unattended for any reason. If a building attendant has signed for alcoholic beverages, the Delivery Agent must leave those beverages with the building attendant.
In the event that a delivery is returned to Perman Wine Selections as undeliverable, we will refund the items but not the shipping charges. Any additional attempts to deliver items previously returned by delivery services will result in additional delivery charges.
Perman Wine Selections is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged goods after they have been delivered to the appropriate address. We guarantee all products to be in excellent condition at the time of packaging for delivery. We will replace or refund any items that are lost or damaged during, but not after, delivery.
Perman Wine Selections reserves the right to refuse delivery of alcoholic beverages for any reason. This includes, but is not limited to, refusing service to individuals who are visibly inebriated, and refusing service to specific buildings for access or safety reasons.
Please note that we are unable to guarantee the punctuality of service provided by our delivery agents, particularly during spells of difficult weather or traffic conditions. If your shipment is delivered unacceptably late after having been collected from us on time by our agent, please contact us at (312) 666-4417.
In-Store Pickup Policy
Whether an online or special order request, we are happy to set wines aside for in-store pick up. All phone and email orders require a credit card to secure.
All online "In-Store Pickup" orders will be stored and ready for pick up at our Near North location.
Due to limited storage space, Perman Wine Selections will hold customer items in the store for up to 30 days. If items are not picked up or delivered after 30 days, we will charge a $10 monthly item storage fee. Orders of 2 cases or more will be charged by the case.