0 items| $0.00


  • No products in the cart.
  • Open for in-store shopping, contactless curbside pickup, and delivery.


    0 items| $0.00

    View More

    La Comarcal "Delmoro" Tinto '21


    La Comarcal "Delmoro" Tinto '21

    Though it may seem unlikely in such a well-known wine producing country as Spain, there are still emerging regions to be discovered. One such place is Valencia, a distinctly Mediterranean-influenced region that is particularly suited to Rhône varieties. A perfect introduction to the red wine of Valencia is through the lens of Javi Revert and Victor Marqués of La Comarcal Viticultores, in the mountainous village of Venta del Moro. The duo met while working at Celler del Roure, one of the leading wineries in the region. In 2017 they launched their own winery, focusing on grapes from old mountain vineyards and local grape varieties. La Comarcal, which means “The District,” is certified organic, and the wines are made with native yeasts.

    The 2021 “Delmoro” is composed of 60% Garnacha and 40% Syrah. The grapes are from vineyards near the village of Venta del Moro, and the age of the vines is between 15 and 50 years old. The grapes are hand harvested, 70% destemmed and crushed, while the other 30% are vinified as whole bunches. The grapes are fermented separately in stainless steel, and then aged for ten months in a combination of stainless steel and concrete. The two varieties are then blended and rested before a very light filtration, but no fining, before bottling.

    Medium bodied and made in a fruit-driven, approachable style, the wine is easy to come back to glass after glass.




    Producer La Comarcal Viticultores


    Thank you for your order! We will email you when it is ready for pick up.

    Near North

    Mon–Fri Noon–8 / Sat 11–7
    Closed on Sunday

    1167 N Howe Street
    Chicago, IL 60610

    Sounds good!