Cart

0 items| $0.00

x

  • No products in the cart.
  • Open during Covid-19, offering contactless curbside pickup and delivery only

    Cart

    0 items| $0.00

    View More

    Bruna Pigato “Le Russeghine" '19

    Liguria

    Bruna Pigato “Le Russeghine" '19

    Bruna, one of the iconic producers of Liguria, has been honing their craft for over 50 years. Riccardo Bruna mastered the steep terraces, carved out stone walled terraces, lined with local varietals like Pigato, Granaccia (a variant of Grenache) and Rossesse. Now his daughter, Francesca, and her husband Roberto are currently at the helm. The small estate is only 15km from the sea, a forceful influence that is not only breathtaking, but essentially captured in each wine. Bruna's production is small and precious. Working with less than 8 hectares of vineyards, they are farming organically. In our humble opinion, Bruna is THE benchmark producer for Pigato.  Le Russeghine is a vineyard site that is less than a single hectare of vines, but the vines here are old (up to 50 years old), grown in iron-rich, red, rocky clay soils. This vineyard has been in the family since the 18th century. The vineyard is located in the hills above the village of Ranzo Borgo to 230 meters above sea level, with a southeastern exposition. 20% of the wine ages in old, large French casks, on its lees for 8 months, with the remaining 80% freshly preserved in stainless steel tanks. The wine features depth and minerality, and all of the Mediterranean feels - ripe, fresh citrus and stone fruit, aromatic herbs and marked savoriness. A perfect wine for Springtime- (asparagus and ramps??)

    Perman

    Italy

    Details

    Producer Azienda Agricola Bruna

    SOCIAL DISTANCING PICKUP

    Thank you for your order! We will email you when it is ready for pick up. Please call 312-255-8990 when you pick up and we will place your purchase in your trunk. We ask that you open and close your trunk for us, and maintain proper social distancing. Thanks for your support!

    Near North

    Mon–Fri Noon–8 / Sat 11–7
    Closed on Sunday

    1167 N Howe Street
    Chicago, IL 60610
    312.255.8990
    orders@permanwine.com

    Sounds good!